Wanted: Helpline Orientation Leaders
Train Helpline Volunteers
Become a Helpline Orientation Leader. It's easy. Just 30 minutes and can be very informal. Just get across the important points in answering the Helpline. You will be trained, Ongoing training is also provided.
- Schedule Helpline Orientation in conjunction with a local NA Events or at a Group
- Go over the important points of answering the Helpline face-to-face or over a conference call
- Present to Helpline Volunteers the do's and don't's of being a helpline volunteer
- Hand out or send out orientation packet
- Gather contact information of the volunteers and update the Helpline scheduling manager
- Each orientation session takes about 1 hour of planning
- Each orientation session takes about 35 minutes hours to complete
- Ideally, you would do 1 to 2 orientation sessions per year in and around your geographic area
Get all the help you need from the Helpline Project Team as often as you like.